Coffee is the one thing I don’t want to go without each day. Is this a luxury or an addiction?
I first fell in love with the taste of coffee when I was a teenager and learned how to use Mom’s 1970s model of the Mr. Coffee maker.
I stepped up my intake of caffeine while I was in the Navy. My shipmates and I each drank at least a dozen cups of coffee a day to get through our work and duty shifts.
I’ve gone through phases when I’ve tried to give up coffee but realized that I really like the taste of it and would rather switch to decaf coffee than quit drinking coffee altogether.
One or two cups of coffee will get me going for the day. Coffee is the perfect ending to a meal. I have also enjoyed coffee as a way to relax at the end of the day.
I have found that diner coffee is the best coffee in the world. A malfunctioning coffee maker can make me very unhappy and anxious. I get very fussy about coffee when I am dining in restaurants. I don’t like lukewarm, burned, stale or oily coffee.
I visited England last year and discovered that I didn’t enjoy the coffee served in the pubs or restaurants. I resorted to drinking tea during my visit. Although I didn’t want to leave England, I was looking forward to starting up my Keurig brewer as soon as I arrived home in New Jersey.
My love of coffee is probably a luxury and an addiction. I don’t care. I want my coffee.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- The Man Who Had Everything | Godrick Gnomish
- Luxe | The Magic Black Book
- Luxury? Fresh Coffee! | The Ambitious Drifter
- A luxury to treasure | storyofmylife1993
- Daily Prompt: Luxury, A Poem « Vicariously Poetic
- Ah, Luxury | tuckedintoacorner
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #9 | Neva Samaki
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Luxurious
- I can temporarily live without… | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious Air Conditioning | Under the Monkey Tree
- The gems of life | Life & Times
- Men, men and more men! Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious | Photos and writings
- Don’t Take My Loom | The Jittery Goat
- the UNCATEGORISED | Daily Prompt: Luxurious | the TRASH BASH
- A luxury I can’t live without (with a sprinkling of nostalgia) | nasehamushtaq.
- To be loved-Biggest luxury | મન ની વાત
- Suicide no. 8: Hope Grimwald | derekalanwilkinson
- Luxurious: Adam & Eve – The Happy Couple | Khana’s Web
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious ‘Ensuite’ is a must-have | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: Luxury | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Luxurious | Geek Ergo Sum
- Gotta Ride? | Cowgirl Up!
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Can you Spot the Luxury in This Picture? | gorgeous little thieves
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious | My Atheist Blog
- Luxurious wine – Le luxe du vin | Icezine
- LUXURY | dandelionsinwind
- My BED. | Going New Places!
- Luxury by any other name… « RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious | flow of my soul
- I Only need two really | tornin2’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: How do I live without you? My Luxury | M. L. Trefry
- Luxury | Conversations
- Vampire Maman
- Luxuries, who needs ‘em? | A mom’s blog
- A Day in the Life of our Fridge | A Day in the Life
- Luxury | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious | genieve celada | photography
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious – simple yet traditional combination | DCMontreal
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious – Sunny, bright, warm | SERENDIPITY
- Laughter is NOT a Luxury | Spirit Lights The Way
- No TP? No Way! | Spirit Lights The Way
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious | The Daily Post | The Blogging Path
- Daily Prompt: Luxurious » My Life, My Way, My Words
- Can’t Live Without… | Live Life Tr3mendously
- A Magical Afternoon: DP | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- Can’t live without you… | Nekoruchii: Life of a Commoner
- Daily Prompt : Dark circles be gone!! | Valley Girl Gone Country
- Luxurious | The Nameless One